Re: paradox fron end

From: Ken Rachynski <krachyn_at_cadvision.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 08:13:25 -0700

Allan,

Having just migrated a number of applications from Paradox to Oracle (data), I can honestly say that, yes it does work. You have two options for access to the Oracle server: ODBC or SQL Links. If you use the ODBC driver, you already have what you need to connect to Oracle. If you purchase the SQL Links package from Inprise, then Paradox will have native access to the Oracle data. I don't really know about the difference between the two as I have not tried the ODBC drivers. I have SQL Links courtesy of Delphi 4 C/S edition.

--
Ken Rachynski
Database Analyst