CLOBS - Can anyone help

From: Daniel Kim <danielk_at_interchange.ubc.ca>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 15:03:15 -0800

I have a table with a CLOB column and I 'm just putting data in it, but whenever I try to put in a large amount it won't let me Can anyone help.

I 'd have insert into table values ( id_value, ' data in this quote i put a 1000 words ');
it won't work and gives me ORA-01756: quoted string not properly terminated

I was wondering how can I insert large text values in the CLOB column. I was also wondering if the text article i'm inserting into the CLOB contains special characters like ' or " what do I have to do to handle them.

Thank you in advance
Daniel Kim Received on Mon Mar 15 1999 - 17:03:15 CST