Re: Can't FILEOPEN a BFILE

From: <codegrave_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 07:52:07 GMT

Hi Eric

In article <7ca5mv$2jh$1_at_news1.rmi.net>,   "Eric Arnold" <nospam_earnold_at_requisite.com> wrote:

> Hi. I was hoping somebody could point me in the right direction. I'm
> trying to get BFILEs to work for me. I know that file
> U:\earnold\sql\category_item_desc\temp
> exists, but this fails:
>
> create directory workdir as 'U:\earnold\sql\category_item_desc';
>
> declare
> bfile_var BFILE := BFILENAME( 'workdir', 'temp' );

When you create your directory alias the identifier is uppercased unless you quote it. so your filespec is

bfile_var BFILE := BFILENAME( 'WORKDIR', 'temp' );

I hope this helps (currently I am messing around directories as well and can't open the file. The system raises an exception that the file does not exist, although its there...?!?).

Ludwig

> P.S. Please Cc: earnold_at_requisite.com

Did so..