Problems using sqlaldt, dynamic SQL

From: Thomas Rieffel <thomasr_at_fun.de>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 09:57:41 +0100

Hi,

I'm running Oracle8 on Linux (Intel) and I have to biuld dynamic Queries in C using Dynamic SQL. So I want to allocate memory for with the SQLDA-Structure with sqlalt.
In the Oracle HTML-Docu sqlalt has 3 parameters:

descriptor_name = sqlaldt(max_vars, max_name, max_ind_name);

This didn't work. So i had a look at "sqlda.h" and found the following
#define with 4

parameters for sqlalt

#define SQLSQLDAAlloc(arg1, arg2, arg3, arg4) sqlaldt(arg1, arg2, arg3,
arg4)

Does anybody know the meaning of the 4 Parameters. I think arg2 could be "max_vars".

Thanks a lot

Thomas Rieffel Received on Tue Feb 23 1999 - 02:57:41 CST