Re: Problems using sqlaldt, dynamic SQL

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 13:31:46 GMT

A copy of this was sent to Thomas Rieffel <thomasr_at_fun.de> (if that email address didn't require changing) On Tue, 23 Feb 1999 09:57:41 +0100, you wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'm running Oracle8 on Linux (Intel) and I have to biuld dynamic Queries
>in C using Dynamic SQL. So I want to allocate memory for with the
>SQLDA-Structure with sqlalt.
>In the Oracle HTML-Docu sqlalt has 3 parameters:
>
>descriptor_name = sqlaldt(max_vars, max_name, max_ind_name);
>
>This didn't work. So i had a look at "sqlda.h" and found the following
>#define with 4
>parameters for sqlalt

can you define what "this didn't work" means. Besides having the name of the routine wrong (it would look more like:

select_dp = sqlald (size, MAX_VNAME_LEN, MAX_INAME_LEN);

what is 'wrong' about it? what error are you getting?

>#define SQLSQLDAAlloc(arg1, arg2, arg3, arg4) sqlaldt(arg1, arg2, arg3,
>arg4)
>
>Does anybody know the meaning of the 4 Parameters. I think arg2 could be
>"max_vars".
>
>Thanks a lot
>
>Thomas Rieffel

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Service Industries
Reston, VA USA

Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corporation Received on Tue Feb 23 1999 - 07:31:46 CST