Oracle Terabyte or more experiences....

From: Steve Perry <sperry_at_sprynet.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 1999 20:38:05 -0800

Is anyone running Oracle with a size of terabyte or more???

We're going to be building a data warehouse soon with 2 terabytes + of raw data. Oracle gave us a couple of companies to contact, but I thought I'd ask here because I usually get to hear the good and bad.
I'm really interested in how satisfied you are, what mistakes you made, what things you did to make it a success, hardware configuration, special Oracle parameters that has helped, backup software...

We currently use Oracle 8.0.5 and AIX on IBM S70s. We also have a couple of E10Ks, but they're new and we're pretty much a "true blue" shop.

Thanks,
Steve