Re: DEVELOPER 2000

From: TurkBear <johng_at_nospam.mm.com>
Date: 1999/02/18

Sanjay Gurnani <sanjay.gurnani_at_interpath.net> wrote:

>Hi,
>I am running dev2k 2.1 on nt.I have developed an application which has
>.fmx's and rdf's and I want to put it on the network drive and run from
>there.We have the enterprise developer suite installed on that network
>drive .Now my question is can i run that application from the network
>drive by creating a shortcut to the fmx file? or do i have to follow
>some procedure to accomplish that.
>Thanx in advance,
>Sanjay

You can, but the shortcut will, if created normally, not be complete; The shortcut must include the Forms run time executable in addition to the fmx file Like this:

O:\ORANT\BIN\F50RUN32.EXE O:\HROra32\Contact\new_contact.fmx

In this example, my runtime files are in one network location and the fmx ( and the rdf's it calls) are on another one....

Note: if the runtime location is in the client's path statement, you can, if you wish, use only the fmx location in the shortcut...I just like explicit stuff better than using the path ...

Hope it helps,

To reply please remove the 'nospam' part of the address Received on Thu Feb 18 1999 - 00:00:00 CST