Re: HELP !! A2O Wizard 7-Bit Tables ???

From: Christopher M. Day <christopher.day_at_rdbms.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 09:55:19 +0000

Hi,

This sound like a problem with your NLS_CHARACTERSET and NLS_LANG settings. You are converting the character set is 7 bit rather than 8 bit (7 bit doesn't support umlat etc).

If NLS_CHARACTERSET is set to US Ascii 7 then you might want to change it to WE8ISO8859P1.

Chris.

PS If you the character set cannot be changed then you would need your dba to change the default character set used within the database. It's easily changed, but I would get your dba to do it.