ORA-01555: snapshot too old

From: <masseys_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 09:44:32 GMT

Hi,

I am trying to copy a large table from one user to another using the commands

set copycommit 1
set arraysize 1000

and I get an error lien stating

ORA-01555: snapshot too old: rollback segment number 5 with name "RB4" too small

What does this mean and how do I fix it.

FYI the database I am copying from has 1.55 million records and the above command
fails after 1.35 million records.

Thanks