Oracle external procedures

From: <khusro_at_softech.com.pk>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 09:45:36 GMT

I am having difficulty setting up the envirnment for invoking external procedures (dll functions) from oracle 8.

The PL/SQL User's guide and reference chapter 10 says the following:

Set Up the Environment
Your DBA sets up the environment for calling external procedures by adding entries to the files tnsnames.ora and listener.ora and by starting a Listener process exclusively for external procedures. For details, see Oracle8 Administrator's Guide.

However, I could not find any further info on this in the admin guide. I need to know what entries have to be made to tnsnames.ora and listener.ora and in what format.

In addition, these two files exist in three places. Which ones should I modify:

c:\orant\NET80\ADMIN
c:\orant\NET80\TNSAPI
c:\orant\NETWORK\ADMIN

Can anyone guide me on this?