Problem with Java/JDBC threads and oracle

From: Carina Lieb <carina.lieb_at_caesar.erlm.siemens.de>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 10:54:32 +0100

Hi all !

We're using Java and Oracle JDBC OCI driver for WinNT and Oracle 7.3.4.

This seems to be not threadsafe when getting large columns of type LONG RAW.
When getting many small data-packages in different parallel threads I have no problems. But doing the same with LONG RAW objects the second (sometimes the third - but I cannot define when) access to the column kills my VM. This effect appears by getting the column with getBytes() and getBinaryStream()

Does anyone else have the same problem ? Or Workaround ??? Please let me

know !!

Thanks
Carina