Re: Security under listener

From: Christopher M. Day <christopher.day_at_rdbms.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 21:20:51 +0000

Alexandre,

Alter your PROTOCOL.ORA file on the server and add the following lines

tcp.validnode_checking = yes

tcp.excluded_nodes = (www.experian.co.uk,

                                   10.1.45.2
                                   192.33.14.1)

This will exclude the forbidden IP address and include everyone else. (To permit certain clients but exclude everyone else use tcp.invited_nodes)

Chris.