RAID-5 & ORACLE

From: Brain KW <brainkw_at_aol.com>
Date: 23 Jan 1999 18:23:57 GMT

I have a 12 X 9GB disks (under RAID-5 configuration, with 2 RAID sets) and 4 X 4G local disks. Can someone help me with the phtsical disk layout? I am planning to put software, redo logs and archive files on local disks. All other tablespaces wil go onto the RAID disk (ie, data, index, tools, temp, rbs, system, etc). However, RAID-5 does not me to do distribution of i/o. What is the benefit of placing differnet database objects on different disks under RAid-5? Thanks in advance for your feedback. Received on Sat Jan 23 1999 - 12:23:57 CST