Oracle trigger HHHEEELLLPP !

From: Pedro Ramos <apmramos_at_mail.telepac.pt>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 12:24:21 GMT

Hello all,

I have an INSERT trigger on a table that has about 100 columns, when a row is inserted in the table (TABLEA) I need to insert the same row in another table (TABLEB).
I don't want to use column names for the insertion, I want to use something of the kind :

INSERT INTO TABLEB SELECT * FROM :NEW or

INSERT INTO TABLEB SELECT * FROM TABLEA WHERE KEY=:NEW.KEY But neither of these work, can you give me some help !

Pedro Ramos

PS - The trigger is an after trigger.
I don't want to do something like :

INSERT INTO TABLEB (COL1,COL2,COL3,....) VALUES (:NEW.COL1,:NEW.COL2,:NEW.COL2,...) Received on Fri Jan 22 1999 - 06:24:21 CST