Re: Exporting and imporing table data to another user

From: Tim Shute <Tshute_at_nospamnisoft.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 12:44:44 +0000

In article <19990121180504.10468.00000324_at_ngol05.aol.com>, Gjlinker <gjlinker_at_aol.com> writes

>Hello,
>
>You could use my Oraxcel utility to do this. You can use Oraxcel to fetch data
>from Oracle into Excel and to upload that data into a different scheme.
>
>Please have a look at Oraxcel at
>
>http://members.aol.com/gjlinker
>
>Regards, Gerrit-Jan Linker
>Developer of Oraxcel, OraSQL, OraCodes and OraWeb
>http://members.aol.com/gjlinker
>

>In article <369a7723.3386819_at_195.204.219.242>, amouche_at_oit.no (Kim Amouche)
>writes:
>

>>Hi !
>>
>>I have successfully used Oracles IMP and EXP utility to move data from
>>one database to another database.. But I would like to move some
>>tables and/or table data from one DB user to another DB user.
>>
>>Anyway of doing this with EXP / IMP ?
>>If not what other tool can I use ?
>>
>>I have an Oracle 7.3.2 base...
>>
>>-
>>Best Regards - Kim

IMHO, surely a simpler way is to log on as the second DB user and do

CREATE TABLE table_name AS SELECT * FROM DB_user1.table_name

This assumes that you have the necessary priveleges to manipulate the first user's tables. You will also need to enter the relevant storage clauses.

HTH
--
Tim Shute
Software Engineering Manager