OCI and refetching rows

From: David Brock Barber <barber_at_aristotle.cs.uregina.ca>
Date: 21 Jan 99 21:27:25 GMT

Hi

First I should mention that I am essentially a Novice Oracle programmer and a complete rookie with OCI. So if the following question is stupid, please be patient :0

I have recently inherited OCI code that sets up and executes SQL queries and retrieves data. My problem is that I need to access the data for a query more than once. However, as near as I can tell from the documentation I have to perform an oexec each time I want to iterate through the rows in the result set. Multiple oexecs for the same query just takes too long. Does anyone know a way around this?

I'm working with Release 7.3.

Thanks

Brock

--

Department of Computer Science		barber_at_cs.uregina.ca
University of Regina			(306) 585-4654

Regina, Saskatchewan, CANADA
S4S 0A2 Received on Thu Jan 21 1999 - 15:27:25 CST