Need storage solution

From: Todd Boyle <tboyle_at_NoSMAPisomedia.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 18:39:58 GMT

Help me with my file storage dilemma?

I have a wide variety of information stored on my computer:

  1. Extensive directories on the hard disk
  2. Extensive hierarchies of folders in MS Outlook, and
  3. Extensive hierarchies of favorites in MS Internet Explorer.

I am quite dissatisfied with this arrangement because it forces me to choose between

I am further dissatisfied with *any* of these arrangements because they offer only single-dimensional lists. The actual problem domain has N dimensions, e.g.

I haven't even talked about whats' *inside* the files, messages and links.

Whats the solution? Do I have to migrate to Unix to find a solution>? Are there any proprietary products as front-end to my legacy hard drive directories? What I need is a total replacement for Microsoft Windows Explorer or the file system itself.