Re: Oracle7 ODBC & VB5/Excel DAO recordset problem

From: Craig Brady <cpbrady_at_frontiernet.net>
Date: 15 Jan 1999 01:17:21 GMT

I've generally found the Oracle ODBC driver sufficient only for user query tools, not for developer (read: "more complex") code. Microsoft ODBC for Oracle is available from the Microsoft Web Site, if I'm not mistaken it's part of the latest "Data Access" pack (which is a HUGE download). Go to http://www.microsoft.com/data/download.htm for the latest info. The Microsoft Driver for Oracle is included, and is much more full featured.

Hope this helps.

Craig Brady

Frank Andersen wrote in message <77flco$s9f$1_at_troll.powertech.no>...
>Hi,
>
>I have a small VBA app in Excel 97 which is extracting some data from
>an Oracle 7.3 database using the included DAO 3.5 library in Excel and
>the latest Oracle ODBC driver. The problem is that creating the
>recordset freezes Excel. I've tried a lot of different combinations of
>select statements with different results. Sometimes Excel freezes,
>sometimes not. I've also run the same code in VB5 with exactly the
>same results. The code below freezed on the third select statement. If
>I only execute the first two, its working ok. Using other selects, it
>freezes at first try.

<SNIP> Received on Thu Jan 14 1999 - 19:17:21 CST