ebu on alpha/nt?

From: Jennifer L. Mead <meadj_at_ci.portland.or.us>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 08:22:02 -0800

Hello Oracleites,

Our server is Alpha/NT 4.0 running an Oracle7.3.4.0.0 database(s). I have installed Oracle Enterprise Manager 1.6 on my desktop (NT 4.0). Oracle support has not been able to help me get automated back-ups running. First support call had me using the RMAN backup tool and that is not compatible with 7.3.4. So then another call to another engineer pointed me toward EBU. Upon reading all the documentation I could get my hands on, I compiled these facts: 1) EBU is only avail on 7.3.4 (not

7.3.3) for NT, 2) I need an utility called obackup on my server(? possibly client ?) that will set-up the necessary catalogs for EBU to use. I am currently waiting for support to call me back. I haven't been able to find or install EBU on my server. Nor does it exist on my client. I am getting the impression that either I have to install it off of a Oracle8 disk or it is only available for Intel/NT or Unix flavors. Anyone know anything they want to share? My goal is to automate backups from OEM. Sidebar issue : I think I need the Oracle8 Intelligent Agent running on my server for automated stuff....anyone know the answer to that?

Thanks guys and gals,
Jennifer L. Mead
meadj_at_ci.portland.or.us Received on Wed Jan 13 1999 - 10:22:02 CST