Oracle 7.3.x life expectancy??

From: Harry Boswell <hboswell_at_lance.netdoor.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 21:07:31 GMT

I've just taken an Oracle DBA position after being away from Oracle stuff for about 2 1/2 years. We will be implementing a new system in about 18 months, which is based on Oracle 7.3.x (the only thing I've seen from the contractor so far referred to "whatever the latest bug-free release of 7.3 is", which I'm assuming is 7.3.4. My question is, should I press the issue of 7.3.x vs. Oracle8? Has Oracle Corp. foretold the end of 7.3 support?

Thanks,
Harry

--

Harry Boswell                 hboswell_at_netdoor.com
USDA Zone 8 (Mississippi USA)