Re: newbie:exporting data?

From: Jerry Gitomer <jgitomer_at_ictgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 14:20:39 -0500

Hi Bruno,

    Welcome to the wonderful world of Oracle!

    The quick way to do what you want is:

    SET COLSEP = '|'
    SPOOL <filename.ext>
    SELECT * FROM <table_name>;
    SPOOL OFF
    SET COLSEP = ' ' This will give you an ASCII file with the fields separated by the pipe symbol '|'. If you can live with a space as the column separator just omit the two SET COLSEP statements. Oh, by the way the output will be in the directory you were in when you invoked Oracle (in the case of a PC look in C:/ORAWIN95/BIN -- or wherever your Oracle executables live)

regards

Jerry