Re: Err 12154, please help

From: Barbara Kennedy <barbken_at_teleport.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 1999 09:59:49 -0800

Look in your tnsnames.ora file. (ORACLE_HOME\net80\admin) and make sure the name is listed there. (the tnsnames.ora on the workstation) Also try at the server run sqlplus or vaw and do a loop back test. (log in as a user with the name in the tnsnames.ora file. So if you have a user called Dirk with a password of dirk and the tnsnames shows dirksdb then try connect Dirk/dirk_at_dirksdb from a sqlplus or a vaw prompt. If that works then the tnsnames.ora on the server is fine - doing this from the server. Copy the tnsnames.ora from the server to the workstation and you should be good to go.
Jim