JOIN Statements

From: Michael Tutty <mtutty_at_rochester.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 1999 09:07:03 -0500

I'm porting a prototyped Access database (back end for ASP) to Oracle8. I've written about 30 queries in Access, most of which use the PARAMETER clause. I have two questions:

  1. Is there any way to migrate these queries to Oracle (I'm using ADO for data access, which supports parameters transparently to the driver)?
  2. How do I convince Oracle to do a RIGHT JOIN or LEFT JOIN operation? I've seen the outer join (+) symbol, but that's not going to cut it.

Thanks in advance,

    M. Received on Sun Jan 10 1999 - 08:07:03 CST