Using the utl_file package...

From: Gary Dixon <gary_at_mindex.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 1999 20:23:22 -0500

Hello everyone,

Has anyone been able to read a text file from a Unix based webserver and output the contents, formatted on a web page using the Oracle RDBMS and Oracle Web server?

I am trying to use the utl_file package (in a stored proc.) to read and output a text file to a browser. The file resides on a UNIX Server(which is also the oracle web server). From the SQLPlus prompt, it works fine-not the desired result-but it doesn't break, however when I try to access the proc. from the Oracle webserver using IE 4.0 I get an "Internal error processing request". I can open and close the file but when I issue a utl_file.getline...it breaks. I open the file for read access only. I have checked permissions blah, blah, blah...but it runs from the SQL prompt successfully and without raising any exceptions. In the browser however I get an "Internal error processing request".

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
Gary Dixon Received on Wed Jan 06 1999 - 19:23:22 CST