Re: Designer 2000 2.1 install problem..HELP!

From: Tuomas Hosia <hosia_at_lut.fi>
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 1999 18:19:13 GMT

"Keith Kwiatek" <kkwiatek_at_nist.gov> kirjoitteli seuraavaa:

>Hello Smart One,

Not me, but I'll try anyway. ;-)

-snipp--
>Connected to: Oracle8 Enterprise Edition Release 8.0.5.0.0 - Production
>PL/SQL Release 8.0.5.0.0 - Production
>
>IMP-00003: ORACLE error 942 encountered
>ORA-00942: table or view does not exist
>IMP-00023: Import views not installed, please notify your DBA
>IMP-00000: Import terminated unsuccessfully

I've last seen error message like this with Oracle 6, long time ago.

Anyway, If I remember right, IMP itself needs some views and tables in database and if they do not exist, you get messages like above.

There should be somewhere a script which creates those tables and views but I don't have the slightest idea what would be it's name. ( Probably in database/admin-directory, though. )

Tuomas
(Emailed this also.)
--

hosia_at_lut.fi(Tuomas Hosia) DoD#1684   \ On paljon hauskempi olla pakanana,
Lappeenranta University of Technology \ ei tarvitse koskaan olla vakavana.