Re: Designer 2000 2.1 install problem..HELP!

From: Rob Medley <medleyrk_at_iafrica.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 1999 00:50:08 +0200

Thanks for the compliment....

You need to install the export/import views into your database. These make it possible to perform exports and imports. You would have discovered the same problem as soon as you attempted to export your database. One of the steps in creating your repository is trying to do an import. To install the views you need to run a script called catexp.sql. The script should be in an oracle software directory somewhere. Take a look at the file before running it so you'll know which user to run it as. (I can't remember if its SYS or SYSTEM). Good luck.

Rob Medley
medleyrk_at_iafrica.com