oracle forms 5.0 queries!

From: <janakah_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 1998 02:52:23 GMT

Hi,

Stated below is my problem. I got a database table with a varchar2 field. Data enterd in this field is smoetimes in uppercase and sometimes in lower case. So when the users tries to fetch data through forms 5.0, if they enter the search criteria in lower case and the data is in upper case they cannot retrieve it. I don't want to set the "case restriction" property as the user wants the option of entering data either in uppercase or lowercase. Is there a way of converting data to either uppercase or lowercase at query time.

TIA Janaka