OCI 8 and Blobs.

From: Will Hartung <Will.Hartung_at_msoft.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 1998 19:03:49 GMT

Can anyone fill in the blanks?

Can you do something like:

update table set data = :1 where key = :2

or

insert into table(key, data) values (:1, :2)

where data is a BLOB field? All of the example I see are of the nature:

insert into table values (:1, empty_blob());

select data from table where id = :1 for update;

But, it's not clear how I then finish the update.

I've tried allocating a new OCILobLocator, and using OCISetAttr to set the locator empty, but I get an invalid handle error on the LobWrite call. These invalid handle errors are VERY frustrating.

I'm writing in C++ using MSVC 6.0.

Thanx!

Will Hartung
(willh_at_msoft.com) Received on Sat Dec 19 1998 - 13:03:49 CST