Oracle vs. MSSql

From: v10 <vss10_at_topmail.de>
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 1998 20:36:32 +0100

Hi,

I do not know if this is the right place to post a question like this. So I hope someone can gibe me any advise.
I develop several applications in combination with oracle8 workgroup server. My database is somewhere around 1 GB, perhaps 2-3 GB in the future in size. My question is which difficulties will arise to migrate some parts of my database to an mssql-server (v6.5).
I have no idea about mssql-server and I do not like to do this, it is a wish from another customer because they have an mssql-server running and do not want to miss it.
My application uses mostly standard sql statements. Some tables use bitmap indexes and I use several couples of stored procedures. I know that I have to port all Procs and review all my sql-statements.

What I want to know is, which features of oracle are not supported by mssql-server or have no equivalent function. What is about performance ?

Thanx

S. Voigt Received on Sat Dec 19 1998 - 13:36:32 CST