Re: Programming for Oracle without Oracle's libraries

From: Joost Ouwerkerk <joost.ouwerkerk_at_sickkids.on.ca>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 19:01:23 GMT

ODBC drivers for Oracle are difficult to find. Visigenic used to make one.

Oracle used to support Macintosh, so all the Oracle libraries do exist for the Macintosh if you can find an old CD-Rom with the Macintosh implementations of Pro-C, OCI, etc. If you have an Oracle support contract, they should be able to provide this stuff as well.

Better yet, use JDBC with Oracle's JDBC thin driver which is platform independent. Of course, then we're no longer talking about C development. But the future of Macintosh support by Oracle suggests that Java is the way to go.