"Clustered" Indexes

From: Amy Barron <amyb_at_hattonblue.com>
Date: 1998/12/08

For Oracle 7.3 or 8.0, can anyone suggest a way to create a "clustered" index on a database table, similar to the clustered indexes in SQL Server? By this I mean that the data in the table is physically sorted by the clustered column. This allows for faster inserts when multiple users are updating the table. In SQL Server, only one clustered index is allowed to exist on a table, and the index itself needs to be specified non-unique. It doesn't look like Oracle's Clusters (and Clustered Indexes) are the same thing as what I need. Is anyone aware of a way to do this in Oracle?

Thanks in advance. Received on Tue Dec 08 1998 - 00:00:00 CST