VB5 and RDO - Oracle 8.05 BLOB and CLOB fields: Fatal Crashes

From: James Webb <james.webb2_at_no_spam.ukonline.co.uk>
Date: 1998/12/07

Hi All,

I am using VB5 on Win95 and NT4 to access and Oracle 8 database on NT server 4.
The Oracle ODBC Driver is 8.051b - which I believe is the latest.

The database has tables with CLOB and BLOB fields. I can retreive the data OK. Whenever i write back to it using resultset.edit.... appendchunk......update, VB5 crashes completely (Access Violation). I've noted that the data is actually written, as the next time i run i can retreive it perfectly. The crash occurs on execution of the .Update method.

I've tried all the likely mixes of settings on the ODBC, i think.

Any suggestions?

I don't wish to move to ADO / VB6 if i can help it - the project is well progressed, and I'm not sure it would solve this issue

Thanks, in advance.

James Webb

James.Webb_hatespam_at_focusgrouptld.com Received on Mon Dec 07 1998 - 00:00:00 CST