Linked List Structures in PL/SQL 8??

From: T.S.S. <tss_at_webspace.com.au>
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 1998 09:38:14 +1030

I would love to have a dynamic linked list structure, so that I can do some binary trees, etc,
and I would love these to be within memory rather than database based (i.e. not resident within
a tablespace somewhere). The only thing I really, really want, is to use the type in a select
statement without having to use a function.

The only things that would be ok are: Nested Tables, Varying Arrays, and Index-By Tables.

But the problem with the first is that it has to be stored in the Database.
The second has an upper limit and can't be used in a select statement. And the third cannot be used in a select statement (just like the second).

Qu: Does anyone know if it is possible to have a dynamic array like structure that I can use
within a select statement and that doesn't require being saved somewhere in the DB?

T.S.S.
96 919 Fireblade Received on Tue Dec 01 1998 - 17:08:14 CST