Search on Child Record Set

From: Alan D. Mills <alanm_at_uk.europe.mcd.mot.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 16:49:35 -0000

I'd like to know how to achieve the following.

Suppose I have two table in a master detail relationship, EMPLOYEE and EMP_SKILL. An employee (hopefully) has many skills. I wish to search for people with a skill set which includes all of a search skill set. The skill set I wish to search on may have one or more matches to achieve.

If it were a match against a single skill then it would be quite easy but as the list of required skills may be many (let's assume the required skill set is stored in another 'detail' table) I'm not sure how to go about it.

I guess I could iterate through the required skills, eliminating any which done; have a match but seems a long approach. Is there a nice, single query I can throw at it?

--
Alan D. Mills Received on Mon Nov 30 1998 - 10:49:35 CST