Character mode reports 2.5

From: Corinna Becker <Corinna.Becker_at_removethis.memo.ikea.com>
Date: 24 Nov 1998 08:08:37 GMT

Hello,
I have the following problem with a character mode report:

In the database we have a string "REJÄL". The "Ä" is the problem. When I select a dump from this name I get the Decimal code 196 which is "Ä" according to the ASCII code on our machine (VAX/VMS).

When I run the report I get an output file. When I make again a Hex-Dump on the output file the "Ä" is changed to decimal 142. The printer obviously has a problem with this because it is some kind of escape sequence.

What can I do here? Do I have to change settings on the printer or for the reports?
Thanks for your help.

Corinna Becker Received on Tue Nov 24 1998 - 02:08:37 CST