Re: Opinion Poll

From: Ed Prochak <prochak_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 11:59:51 -0500

VB BV wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Since we are going to be making this discussion soon, I am wondering if we
> could have this opinion poll...
>
> For using Oracle, which language is better: Java or Perl? I would like to
> share your experiences..
>
> Thanks for your attention.
>
> Best regards,
> Vaibhav

IMHO: Are you creating user interface applications or bulk data processing?

Who says it has to be Either/or??

JAVA is better for GUI type applications. PERL is better at bulk jobs (ex. converting legacy data into ORACLE data)
Both are used in WEB apps.

Pick the tool for the job. Don't limit yourself.

--
Ed Prochak Magic Interface, Ltd.
1-440-498-3702 "hardware/software alchemy" Contract services from embedded systems to ORACLE applications. Received on Tue Nov 24 1998 - 10:59:51 CST