Re: ODBC Driver deployment problem

From: <toffie_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 1998 10:06:49 GMT

In article <3656bbec.36849576_at_news.mindspring.com>,   robertch_at_mindspring.com wrote:

> Is there any ODBC driver that is very easy to deploy to client many
> machines? I would prefer one that does not require Oracle's SQL*Net.
> Thanks in advance.

You have the choice between the Oracle, MS or Intersolv Oracle driver. All of these require the SQL*NET product. One feature of the intersolv driver that I like to use when it comes to deployment is the network install which will let you put a full installation on the network which can be installed by all the users with your predefined settings. If you want to get rid of the Oracle middleware you will have to look at "full" middleware solutions like Open Link or Intersolv's sequelink which will require a server component on the machine where the DBMS is located. Positive here is that deploying the sequelink client for example is a dream..

Toffie.