DESC Command

From: John <etljhan_at_etlxdmx.ericsson.se>
Date: 11 Nov 1998 16:36:38 GMT

Hello Folks,

I am a newbie to this group, and in a hurry, so please excuse this question if it is in a FAQ somewhere. Also please tell me where the FAQ is and I'll take a look at it.

We have an Oracle database which is used by a web-based tool, and need to find out details of the tables from a server-side Java script. I was advised to use the command "DESC <table name>" and tried the following code fragment, and variations, without success: info = database.cursor("DESC " + db_table);

Following this, info.next() == false, and info.values == undefined.

Can anyone advise me what I should be doing to see the data?

Any help grategully received...
Cheers /Yogi

---
John (Yogi) Allen ETL XL/XM SEPG (APStools Support)

Email: etljhan_at_etl.ericsson.se        Memo: ETL.ETLJHAN
Burgess Hill, W.Sussex, UK       832 4812  01444 234812
"I think, therefore I can" - Thomas the Tank Engine Received on Wed Nov 11 1998 - 10:36:38 CST