Re: application development question

From: Robert Prell <RPrell_at_PacBell.Net>
Date: 1998/11/10

Oracle handles larger volumes better, more difficult to set up but easier to maintain especially in large scale. Works far better linking multiple SQL servers in different locations. Both support multi-tiered models.

MS-Sql is easier to set up, harder to maintein and less reliable, better user interface, but fewer options. In general it supports about 80% of Oracles features. They have pioneered no siginficant new features and are in a continuous game of catchup with oracle but sell thier knock off product for much less.

Oracle supports more of the sql standard commands and supports them more consistantly. They do not have very good teck support and it is overly expensive.