Re: Compiling C program; symbols missing

From: Chuck Sterling <csterlin_at_zianet.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 16:51:47 -0700

Thanks for your response.

I sent another message to the newsgroup with the error messages, so will not burden you with reproducing them here. I believe we are talking about an error linking with ld; I'm not sure if that is what you mean by "linkedit". In the source code there is no explicit #included sqlca or
#include sqlca statement, but the following excerpt does set up a data
structure by that name:

#ifndef SQLCA
#define SQLCA 1

struct sqlca

         {
         /* ub1 */ char    sqlcaid[8];
         /* b4  */ long    sqlabc;
         /* b4  */ long    sqlcode;
         struct
           {
           /* ub2 */ unsigned short sqlerrml;
           /* ub1 */ char           sqlerrmc[70];
           } sqlerrm;
         /* ub1 */ char    sqlerrp[8];
         /* b4  */ long    sqlerrd[6];
         /* ub1 */ char    sqlwarn[8];
         /* ub1 */ char    sqlext[8];
         };

#ifndef SQLCA_NONE
#ifdef SQLCA_STORAGE_CLASS

SQLCA_STORAGE_CLASS struct sqlca sqlca
#else

         struct sqlca sqlca
#endif

#ifdef SQLCA_INIT

#endif

Is this what you had in mind or perhaps something else?

Thanks,
Chuck Sterling
csterlin_at_zianet.com
csterlin_at_smtp3.wstf.nasa.gov