Creating database with Personal Oracle 8

From: <jcman9043_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Sun, 01 Nov 1998 03:45:33 GMT

    I am trying to create a database from scratch in Personal Oracle 8, not
the delivered ORCL database.  I didn't have a lot of success.  I was able to connect internal, but got a insufficient privileges message when I tried to start nomount.        Is it true that one can't create a database other than ORCL with Windows 95, only NT?  I would be willing to upgrade to NT Workstation if I knew it'd solve my problem.  I trashed the ORCL database and tried to re-create it, but I got the same "insufficient privileges" error when I try to startup nomount.  I assumed that I could at least re-create ORCL myself instead of installing it from the CD.  I bought PO* cuz I've had DBA training but don't use it too much on the job, but I want to keep up with it.  I thought creating and "playing" with an instance would be a good way.
    Any help or recommendations you could give me would be appreciated.