Re: Urgent!! need Help with personal Oracle 8 and developer 2000 2.0

From: John MacVean <caveman_at_heart.net>
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 1998 20:38:15 -0600

You need to put in a connect string to your database. You had to name the database in your init.ora file when you created the database. You use that name in the connect string.

for instance if your database is called rand, your initora file should be called initrand.ora.
You would log in as system/manager connent string would be rand.