Re: Urgent!! need Help with personal Oracle 8 and developer 2000 2.0

From: Joe Brown <joe_at_hopi.dtcc.edu>
Date: 28 Oct 1998 03:13:48 GMT

Probably would have saved yourself a lot of time by looking in www.dejanews.com first...

I guess the documentation with po8 really stinks because I've seen a lot of people asking this same question over and over again...

Since you asked and I have 2 cents, here goes..

  1. try database (instead of blank) 2: or tcp-loopback or tcp-loopback.world
  2. If you didn't install listener 2.3.4 but instead listener net8, you'll have to change that.

d2k doesn't work w/net8.

3. Spend a day RTFM. Even if the above ideas work, this is a good exercise for oracle-ites.

--
(: Joe Brown :) joe_at_apache.dtcc.edu I believe Wine is going to be great if it ever gets finished. . . I believe Linux _is_ great even though it's not finished! ! ! I believe you have my address. :-) Received on Tue Oct 27 1998 - 21:13:48 CST