Re: Query Question.

From: Flipper <flipper2000_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 1998 14:17:48 -0400

I am not clear as to exactly what you want to do but this would from what I understand you to be saying return what you wanted. You say that you would return multiple columns if what you meant is rows then this will not work for you.

If this is just way to basic and I missed the point I appologize.

Assuming you want to return the full name of all employees that are assigned sales id number 123

SELECT emp.first_name || " " || emp.last_name AS "sales_id" FROM employees emp, sales sale
WHERE sale.sales_id = 123 AND

                   emp.emp_id = sale.emp_id

Would return:
sales_id
Barney Ruble
Fred Flinstone

Given many to one from sales to employees based on emp_id

Sales

sales_id       emp_id
123                456
222                888
123                999

Employees
emp_id            first_name            last_name
456                   fred                        flinstone
999                   barney                    ruble