Re: How to call a C program from a PL/SQL package

From: B. Lelangue <lelangue_at_sia.ucl.ac.be>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 10:19:02 +0200

> I am not sure about 7.3, but starting in 8.0.3 it is possible to add a >library object that consists of a C library. Whether it works or not >dependes on whether the OS supports DLL style libraries.
>
> Oracle Tech Support had a white paper about a year ago on how to set >it up. I haven't gotten it to work, but I am not sure if the problem >was mine, my OS (windows) or Oracles and haven't had time to research >it, but it is supposed to be doable.

Thanks for your answer,
 but I 'll have to find a workaround. Surely an undirect call :

1° A hypertext link run the C program (CGI-BIN)
2° The CGI generate a page that said your are the right user or not...
3° the user click on a link to continue.

Not a pretty solution, but it will work...

Bertrand Received on Fri Oct 23 1998 - 03:19:02 CDT