Re: How to call a C program from a PL/SQL package

From: <mpir_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 20:53:25 GMT

I am not sure about 7.3, but starting in 8.0.3 it is possible to add a library object that consists of a C library. Whether it works or not dependes on whether the OS supports DLL style libraries.

Oracle Tech Support had a white paper about a year ago on how to set it up. I haven't gotten it to work, but I am not sure if the problem was mine, my OS (windows) or Oracles and haven't had time to research it, but it is supposed to be doable.