Re: Tool for maintaining versions of Oracle Tables

From: <dwhatle_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 1998 20:05:38 GMT

In article <70fo45$bkg$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>,   jmmcda_at_mindspring.com wrote:

> > > What we need is a tool that can store a snapshot of the database for each
> > > release, so that as customers migrate through the different versions, it
> > > will ensure that their database's are in sync.
> > >

> No, TOAD does not do this. However, the Schema Manager from Quest is much
> better than the Platinum app.

You should also take a look at BMC software's Patrol DB Change Manager. It will do exactly what you are describing as well as many other things related to the day to day maintenance of database applications. You can get more information at www.bmc.com

Darrell Whatley
BMC Lvl 2 support
1-800-537-1813