Re: what´s the default db in OracleServer

From: Robert Ottohall <rob_at_nospam.org>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 1998 22:16:36 +0200

Sven Rosner wrote in message <362CD675.2DE06C24_at_informatik.fh-hamburg.de>...
>I had installed the Oracle Server on my Computer.
>I have problems to log in with the "Repository Login".
>I don't no what i I have to write in the field service. I know, that I
>have write their the name of the DB but i had never named the DB. Orcale
>installed it by himself and if i tryed to connect he told me that Oracle
>could not connect.
>please help me

Hi Sven,
you use the service fields only if you connect to a database over SQL-Net. Service is an other word for an TNSAlias which is in the files tnsnames.ora. If the database is local there is no need to use this field. You must use only User/PWD for that user who owns the repository. I think it could be sysman/syman.( not sure) Try this.

RobO Received on Mon Oct 19 1998 - 15:16:36 CDT