Table Link using ODBC

From: Greg Gennette <ggennett_at_mail.arco.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 13:19:31 GMT

I am trying to access some Oracle Financial Tables using an Oracle ODBC driver (Oracle73 Version:2.05.0301). I am using Access 97 and am using the following option File/Get External Data/Link Tables. This brings up a dialog that allows you to pick ODBC Databases() as a File type. Once selected another dialog comes up "Select Data Source". I then pick a pre-defined Machine Data Source called 'plc1plct' --> defined in TNSNAMES.ora. Another dialog then comes up which prompts me for my password. I type this in and then wait about a minute and then all that comes up is a dialog labeled 'Link Tables' with one choice in it - ACCESSIBLE_COLUMNS. My question is that when I have done this before I get a list of all the tables that I have access to. I also tried this with a Microsoft supplied Oracle ODBC driver with the same results. Does anyone have any ideas on what is going wrong? Thanks in advance,

-Greg

PS. I am using Oracle 7.3 on a Sun Solaris Box. Received on Wed Oct 14 1998 - 08:19:31 CDT