Re: VARCHAR2 vs CHAR

From: John Strange <jstrange_at_imtn.dsccc.com>
Date: 13 Oct 1998 22:23:35 GMT

If storing just one character use char (1). If the data is variable length and greater than 1 character use varchar2.

Jeffrey A. Thompson (thompsonja_at_phibred.com) wrote:
: I'm new to ORACLE. Is there a rule of thumb of when to use VARCHAR2 instead
: of CHAR.

: Thanks.

--
While Alcatel may claim ownership of all my ideas (on or off the job), Alcatel does not claim any responsibility for them. Warranty expired when u opened this article and I will not be responsible for its contents or use. Received on Tue Oct 13 1998 - 17:23:35 CDT